The Observatory of Trends of the Habitat has recently presented its ‘Cuaderno de Tendencias del Habitat 2019-2020’, in which figures from the world of art, design, architecture, interior design, etc. mark what will be the trends for the next two years. Trends that on the other hand, if something makes clear, is that the way of relating us or how we inhabit, change our environment and vice versa.
Users have access to qualified information and demand simplicity of use, ease, quality, sustainability and interaction and that, inevitably, will mark where the transformation of our habitat is heading. Here are some of these trends:
- Less is a Bore.The minimalism and that cluster of contained and restrained/sober tendencies are over. We return to the maximum expression of the decoration, with the eclectic style as personal self-expression and a search for more recharged spaces and objects. In the next two years we will attend to a greater theatricality in the interiors, as a result of the climate of optimism in the face of the economic recovery that is becoming more and more palpable. We return to that eagerness to intent attract attention.
- Memento Design. Globalization fully impacts the trends for 2019-2020 and that will become evident in the collaboration between global brands and local artisans or designers from where emerge authentic styles inspired by different periods and places. It is going to impose the emotional versus the rational, with a lot of presence of the roots and the own culture, banishing the individualism and with anxieties to travel and to know other cultures.
- (Dis) Connection Space.We live in such a frenetic society, that the trend is directed to the search for more essential designs, meant to counteract the daily stress through forms and materials capable of exerting a relaxing influence on people. It is tried to reach the connection with oneself, with others and with the environment, looking at great classics and timeless proposals. In a certain way and through an aesthetic where order and harmony predominate, we seek to encounter with nature and live fully every moment. The consumerism of volume is changed by higher quality products aimed at healthier lifestyles.
- Life is co-.Every time we share more (co-working, co-living …), as a consequence of the limited space and a growing agglomeration. This will lead to the demand for functional, emotional and transformable products that are capable of responding to multiple spatial needs. As a consequence, the houses will have more versatile products for different users and occasions. It is the way in which spaces adapt to different profiles and activities quickly and easily, starting with the same design and architecture, where flexibility will be the norm.
- In the middle of the digital era, we could not forget the impact of technology, which will also find its protagonism at the service of design, with digitally manipulated motifs and colors to create futuristic, artificial and even surrealist environments. Matter and technology merge in an innovative way in many of the products of the home, although it is true that more and more priority is given to enjoy rather than to possess, which implies a lower presence of the physical product.
- Sustainability Record. Sustainability does not escape from the 2019-2020 trends. To the demands that the products have a lower environmental impact, now adds that also be healthy, beautiful and adapted to the trends. The responsibility with respect to the environment, both social and individual, increases and with it the demand for products that respect the criteria of the circular economy will continue to increase. In this context, the consumer will take into account brand values in their purchase decisions.
Leave A Comment